Monday, May 13, 2024

Monday Meme #40


I am reviving this little feature after eight years. You might see a couple recycled from when I did this in 2016, but they were funny then and they are still funny now. Occasionally they will be more introspective or comforting. No matter what, they will be about reading and books.


I read all three at various times. The Kindle I read in bed because it is light and also because I may have once or twice dropped a book on my face when I've fallen asleep. I don't have a preference between paperback or hardcovers.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I get 'told off' by a non-bookie friend whenever I mention the 'smell' of books... [lol] I'm not a huge fan of fiction hardbacks - too big, too expensive - but I do like a good non-fiction hardback. They can be tough to hold for long though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like the smell of a book. They're missing out! I rarely buy hardcovers because I am poor, but also because I want my covers to match so if I start buying an author (ahmmm Dan Jones), then I want all the books to be the same. Unfortunately the first book I ever bought of his was paperback, and I am not programmed to be able to wait for his new releases to come out that way, so I have a weird mix of hardcover and paperback and it makes me all uncomfortable when I look at his shelf.

      Delete
  2. Half of my reading is via Kindle, not because I prefer it to real books, but because it's simply easier: I can read on my phone, or at work when it's quiet -- a very rare ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am going somewhere that I know I could be waiting a while, I bring my Kindle. I never know when I might start hating a book and want to DNF it, so I don't risk having just one with me.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!