Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Edge of the World: A Cultural History of the North Sea and the Transformation of Europe

22488032

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:

This is a strange book and that makes it difficult to review in the classical sense. There is a wealth of information in general and I found that information very interesting. It was hard to follow at certain times in that the book is arranged by topic instead of chronologically, but overall was not a hindrance. My main issue comes from the chapters themselves, where we start out on the topic give in the chapter title and then leaps and bounds later, we land on entirely different topics. Some were much more tightly woven together than others, which leaves you sometimes with the sense of having skipped pages, when in fact you did not.

Despite that issue, I'd still recommend giving this one a chance. As I said, there's a ton of interesting info - perhaps just not quite all the info you're expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!