Sunday, October 11, 2020

Holy Guacamole, Am I Tired!

 Nothing major to report on this stormy Sunday night except that last week our students returned to school in-person on the 3:2 model, meaning half the students are in-person Mon/Tues, half are in-person Thurs/Fri, and they alternate Wednesdays.

Honestly, it is working better than I thought it would. For their gen ed class, students do not attend online on the days they are home. They have assignments to complete, videos to watch, etc. My kiddos however, being in Resource, attend with me every day whether they are home or in school.

Basically, we just had our second and third First Day Of School this past week - on Monday and then again on Thursday. It is good to see kids back in the building, but I am not optimistic about this going well.

I don't know if this is sustainable up to Christmas break - and let's be realistic, flu season is arriving. Nebraska is wholly unprepared for a second wave that is also upon us, seeing as how our governor could not be bothered to do his job and close down the first time around.

Eleanor remains in school every other day and this drives me crazy to no end. She loves school so much and I don't want to keep her from something she loves, but I have an incredibly hard time trusting other parents to take this as seriously as we have. Every day that I drop her off at school is awful because I hate sending her. Still, I know her school is taking every precaution possible and I trust her principal and teacher completely.

All that being said, I am slowing down again and getting behind on comments and such. Plus the weather is going to start getting so lovely and cool here soon, and what is better than curling up on the deck, wrapped in a blanket, holding a good book?

NOTHING.

The answer is NOTHING.

Unless, of course, my baby girl is snuggled up on the deck with me and we are reading together <3

Happy Reading!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Take your time! I understand that your busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad fellow bloggers are sticking around, even when things are slow here!

      Delete
  2. nebraska sounds like florida. could they be trying to get rid of us old folks here? i know how it is to keep up with blogging with so much going on. i am in the same boat, so no worries.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, yes!! What the heck, Florida?! And Georgia too. And now all these spikes are happening all over because people are getting so lax. Stay safe, friend!

      Delete
  3. this sounds really complicated; i'm glad i don't have to figure it out, and i commiserate with those who do... and government that is worse than no government is the pits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! For the most part my groups are going smoothly now, just took some sorting out with a new schedule. Even so, it is still so complicated, and teachers feel like they're failing their kids no matter how much they try. No other way to put it, this sucks.

      Delete
  4. Such worrisome and hectic times. If I were you I would read in any spare moments I had. Well, that is what I do anyway. Sending you good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much what I am doing when Eleanor is not home! Thanks for the good thoughts and vibes, we need them!

      Delete
  5. In the UK, kids went back to school 5 days a week. My son started back in September and I'm comfortable with the precautions the school have in place and glad that he's getting that bit of normal back even though school isn't exactly normal when compared to pre-covid. That said, he lasted 8 days before he caught a sore throat/cold and we all had to isolate and get him tested for covid before he could go back in... Shows how serious they take it.

    I hope both you and Eleanor manage to stay safe throughout it all!

    I'm not surprised things are quiet on the blogging front. Things are one step away from grinding to a complete halt in my part of the blogging world! I just have no motivation, or energy, to spare most days. :( We'll all get back to it eventually, I'm sure.

    Take care!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear from you! I think it is great that your son's school is also doing everything possible to keep kids safe. It is kind of weird to think that this is our new normal, but it will be for a long while I suspect. Also glad to know your son did not have Covid, that must have been such a relief for you.

      Eleanor's school district has announced that they will remain on the A/B every other day schedule through December at least. I find great comfort in that also, that they are looking ahead, especially because right now our cases continue to spike, especially in our city and county.

      I have wanted to do so much blogging in the last few weeks and it has driven me insane because there is so much lesson planning and school work for me to do first, but I was very responsible this weekend while Eleanor has been at her dad's and I got it all done on Friday and Saturday so now I have the next two weeks to get some reviews and things posted again.

      Stay safe, friend and take care as well!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!