Monday, November 2, 2020

Election Eve Jitters

I am at the point tonight where I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about tomorrow.

Please, please, please...

...if you have not voted yet, make sure you know where your polling place is in case it has change from midterms.

...be prepared for long lines.

...wear a mask and gloves; bring your own pen.

...if you are in line when the polls close, STAY IN LINE. This is so critical. They can not turn you away if you are in line before polling stations close.

...know the phone numbers you need to call in case there is any shady business, voter intimidation, etc. going on.

Vote like your life depends on it, because it does.

Our constitutional democracy will not survive four more years of trump's law-flouting, divisive, and violence-inciting rhetoric. He is using our government for his own personal gain to enrich himself, his family, and his friends. He is using the Justice Department as his own private law firm, and repeatedly tries to intimidate agencies into doing what he wants.

This can not stand.

Vote him out.

10 comments:

  1. Yes! Even though I don't live in America, it is one of the biggest countries in the world and impacts everywhere else. Everyone in other countries are depending on Americans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you from?

      I am still awake after midnight because I can't stop thinking about tomorrow, and how even after tomorrow is over we will still have chaos and violence. This week is going to be awful.

      Delete
    2. That's so cool. There's so much to see, I would love to visit someday.

      Delete
  2. BOY do we live in Interesting Times! I do have hope that things will turn out for the best - AKA Trump ends up losing, disgraced and in prison. It'll take a while to get over him though. America has some SERIOUS soul searching to do in the next 10+ years. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. We are going to need all the luck, prayers, positive energy, and happy thoughts we can get. He won't concede even if he loses, and there is still so much damage he can do between Election Day and the Inauguration. I barely slept at all last night just thinking about it all and how hellacious this week alone is going to be.

      Delete
  3. I voted several days ago, in person, early voting, at my nearest voting center. Now we wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The suspense is killing me!! But with Michigan now being called officially...I am becoming more and more CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.

      Delete
  4. Bravo! I voted for Biden via absentee ballot since I live in Toronto (but was born and raised in the U.S.). May we wake up to good news tomorrow, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I voted by mail-in also, a couple weeks ago. I loved being able to show Eleanor the ballot and talk about it with her, something we obviously could not have done if I had voted yesterday in person. She asked such great questions that it is easy to forget she is only seven! After I completed my ballot we went straight to one of the county drop boxes at one of the library branches and dropped it off.

      I did wake up to the great news that Wisconsin swung back toward Biden and thank goodness they called it for him this afternoon. Just got Michigan, waiting on Nevada. PA has become interesting again give the amount of mail-in votes still to be counted, given that margin is closing quickly and Democrat voters are largely those voting by mail.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!