Friday, March 26, 2021

First Line Friday #125

 

First Line Friday is brought to you by Hoarding Books. Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.

"For eight millennia, men have won glory coaxing soldiers onto bloodstained fields to which only a few intrepid women have ventured."

I'm mainly here for Boudicca. I could not care less about QEI.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. "The circumstances which I am about to relate to my juvenile readers took place in the year 1647."

    Children of the New Forest, Frederick Marryat (love FM's books; they're well written, exciting and witty"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am born."

    This Book Is Not For You by Daniel A Holt. (very strange book)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "From the outset Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte had a great ambition for Paris."

    Paris Reborn - Napoleon III, Baron Haussmann, and the Quest to Build a Modern City by Stephane Kirkland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and try and try, but none of the Napoleons are interesting to me. Even the most famous one.

      Delete
  4. My first line is from Hours to Kill by Susan Sleeman:
    The brutal killer put a knife to her mother’s throat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first line makes me want to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read, and I met a few women I had not heard of before.

      Delete
  6. I have no FLF but I love the sound of this book! Warrior queens are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!