Thursday, April 1, 2021

First Line Friday #126

 

First Line Friday is brought to you by Hoarding Books. Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.

"The four Gospels contain eyewitness accounts (and first-hand reports) of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus."

I love this book dearly and read it every year beginning on Palm Sunday at the start of Holy Week. Day by day accounts are given for what Jesus and the disciples were up to as He prepared for what was to come.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. "This book is the story of our experiences hunting Level-4 viruses. Level 4 is the highest degree of laboratory containment for isolating and experimenting with microbiological organisms."

    The Virus Hunters - Dispatches From the Frontline by Joseph B McCormick & Susan Fisher-Hoch

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The chihuahua is a very special breed of dog, which is very different than many others."

    Chihuahua Training by Claudia Kaiser (kind of awkward phrasing: translation from German, maybe...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Whisper unto my soul, I am thy salvation."

    Son of the Morning by Joyce Carol Oates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm sharing the first line from Night Fall by Nancy Mehl: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2021/04/02/first-line-friday-178/. I'm currently on chapter 2, so I'll share from there.
    "Logan had listened closely to the detective from Kansas City, but he'd had to fight to stay focused."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday and Easter Weekend!

    Over on my blog I am sharing the first line from A Dark Beauty from Clarissa Kae.

    "In the very center of London, the late summer sun burned the morning mist off Georgiana's slate roofs."

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2021/04/first-line-friday-dark-beauty.html

    Have a lovely weekend! ❤✝📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first line is from Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham
    “ Any story that begins with a library is bound to be an excellent tale.”

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!