Sunday, May 30, 2021

Quick Thoughts | Anne Perry and the Murder of the Century


Rating ⭐⭐⭐

Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme are terrible people who should still be locked up for their horrific crime - the brutal murder of Parker's mother.

Unfortunately these arrogant, self-centered, conceited, murderous fiends were in jail for less than six years.

And by the way, Juliet Hulme might be more familiar to you if you have read any novels by Anne Perry.

Yep, Anne Perry.

Gross. I would never in a million years give her one single penny.

The book itself is thorough and well-researched.

These two should be rotting in prison for the rest of their lives.

4 comments:

  1. I went through a period several years ago when I read quite a lot of Anne Perry. She's good at evoking Victorian England, especially the horrors visited on women and children in that society. Ironic, yes? You are right, of course, the crime she and her friend committed was horrible and the penalty they paid seems light. I haven't read this book and I'm not aware of what mitigating circumstances (other than youth) that the court might have considered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very ironic, indeed. It was such a terrible crime and they were absolutely giddy about it. The book is a really decent read, I just could not bring myself to give any more attention to these two terrible human beings than I already had. They're murderers and should still be in jail. It's awful.

      Delete
  2. I've always wondered about this after reading some of her Christmas novellas a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is a decent read but my God. What terrible girls. They make me sick.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!