Thursday, July 28, 2022

First Line Friday #135

 

First Line Friday is hosted once again by Carrie at Reading is my Superpower. You can visit HERE to go directly to the FLF page of her blog.

Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.



"Christ's bones, wake up!"

EEEEEK!

A couple weeks ago my BFF Dan Jones emailed me a copy of Essex Dogs, because it is not available on the US netGalley site. It is his first foray into historical fiction and will be part of a trilogy. I am not one who usually reads historical fiction, but Jones knows what he is talking about and I trust whole-heartedly that he is not going to embellish for the sake of entertainment. It's really good and I will be posting my review closer to the publication date.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah 

8 comments:

  1. So Dan Jones has a new book. That is exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! And hopefully he will come back to the US on another book tour in February when it publishes in the states!!

      Delete
  2. "All of us came from fire and ice." The Gospel of Loki by Joanne M Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first line is from The Secrets Between Them by Susie Dietze:
    Joel Morgan was not in the mood to be lied to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading Deception by Patricia Bradley and the first line is: "Today was not a good day to die." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!