Sunday, May 7, 2023

Tackling the TBR | Week 17 | May 1 - May 7, 2023

 

Here we go!

This is year FIVE of Tackling the TBR and I finally have things sort-of under control. My ultimate goal is to get under 500 books, but I also have to be realistic - just think of all the books not even written yet that I will want to read. When I started this mess  I was at well over 5,000 books on the TBR, so to be where I am now is pretty incredible.

I will post on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and last day of the month.

Prevous Week's TBR Total: 2,297

Currently Reading


Books Read


Books DNFed:
 0


Books Added to TBR: 0

Books Removed from TBR: 0

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 2,297

Happy Reading!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Ooh The Swell! that looks good. :) The Girls of Summer too, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it to page 80 of The Swell and DNF-ed it. I struggled with it a lot, I wish I would have liked it better! But I got her other book, Shiver, so I am giving it a try and will maybe go back to this one depending on how that goes. Still haven't gotten to Girls yet. Ugh.

      Delete
    2. Nooooooo. Oh, that's a bummer. sorry you didn't enjoy it. I haven't read anything else by her but I just looked up Shiver and that sounds interesting- let me know what you think of that one and maybe I'll get it lol :)

      Delete
    3. I'll be giving it a go this week and it sounds way more interesting to me than Swell, to be honest. I don't know why surfing is so bland to me, and some of the reviews I looked up said it got better in the second half, but I just could not slog through. I'll let you know about Shiver asap.

      Delete
    4. Cool! I admit I have a surfing thing thanks to Point break. SWell gave me some Point break vibes at times, plus the twist at the end (which maybe isn't a twist but I just loved how it turned out. One of those endings) but yeah I might have liked it less if not the surfing/ aussie angle/

      Delete
    5. I finished Shiver and really liked it. Maybe I will give The Swell a try later on.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!