Sunday, January 21, 2024

Tackling the TBR | Week 3 | Jan 15 - Jan 21, 2024

    


Here we go!

This is year FIVE of Tackling the TBR and I finally have things sort-of under control. My ultimate goal is to get under 500 books, but I also have to be realistic - just think of all the books not even written yet that I will want to read. When I started this mess  I was at well over 5,000 books on the TBR, so to be where I am now is pretty incredible.

I will post on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and last day of the month.

Prevous Week's TBR Total: 2,135

Currently Reading

I'm posting all my ARCs in the hope it will shame me publicly so I stop getting books from the library and read these instead. Odds are 50/50 that it will actually work.



Books Read



Books DNFed: 0


Books Added to TBR:


Books Removed from TBR: 18

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 2,118

Happy Reading!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. The Girls of Summer is giving me vibes like that last Lucy Clarke book (or the second to last one I suppose) Soulless Girls yes please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Girls of Summer so long ago that I will probably have to go back to the beginning. I am still so excited for Soulless Girls, but I love murdery boarding schools, so I hope it is all I want it to be.

      Delete
    2. Yes murdery boarding schools are LIFE

      Delete
    3. Right?? Nothing like a bunch of rich kids and the one charity kid trying to solve murders and not die in the process.

      Delete
  2. I have a few by Max Adams. Obviously I haven't *read* any of them... But I do *have* them.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also read Alfred's Britain. I requested that my library purchase Land of Giants and King of the North. Fingers crossed that they will!

      Delete
  3. I am certain that my tbr will never be under control. You made a lot of progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really trying to make an intentional effort to comb through the TBR and remove books I am not interested in anymore. It takes some work, but I am so close to being under 2K already. I have also been cheating for a couple years and actually have a sub-TBR in the Notes app on my phone where I list books I want to read that CK has brought to my attention. But I feel like I need to stop that nonsense and actually put them on my TBR, and if I continue to cull the list, I will be able to feel less guilt about adding to it.

      Delete
  4. This is such a great way to control how many books are coming in and being read from TBR pile. Knowing me, I would just push books farther and farther away from my sight as new books arrive! Hope you may conquer the TBR list!

    Yours truly,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been SUCH a struggle! And I definitely hide the ones I already have in favor of new finds at the library, oooops. But my reading goals this year are focused almost entirely on my TBR and ARCs, so I am hoping to be a little more successful. Feel free to join any time you want. I post four times a month.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!