Thursday, April 4, 2024

Books From The Backlog #67

 


Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week

Why did I add The Real Middle Earth: Magic and Mystery in the Dark Ages to my TBR?

Because I LOVE this period, though I hate that some authors still refer to this time as the dark ages. It really wasn't all that dark. Those monks in Ireland busted their asses to make sure we didn't lose all kinds of knowledge.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I read that some years ago and REALLY enjoyed it. I think you're in for a real treat with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I've heard of it! Will have to check it out, though I reflexively recoil when any author refers to part of the Middle Age as dark without qualifying what they mean by it. Dark as in "we don't know much because order disappeared and there are no records" is fine, everything else is dodgy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Newer histories don't fall into that trap but I don't know the pub year for this one.

      Delete
    2. There might still be some of that Dark Ages nonsense then. But I still want ot read it because I love the period.

      Delete
  3. I bet this will be fascinating. I do love history!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!