Monday, April 22, 2024

Monday Meme #37


I am reviving this little feature after eight years. You might see a couple recycled from when I did this in 2016, but they were funny then and they are still funny now. Occasionally they will be more introspective or comforting. No matter what, they will be about reading and books.


People have asked a lot how I can remember everything for my reviews, when I read multiple books at once. I have a terrible memory, so I take TONS of notes as I am reading, either in Goodreads or by hand as I go. I would never be able to write any reviews if I did not do this. The second option doesn't really apply to me.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I do most of my reviews 3-4 weeks after I finish reading a book. That's on the edge of too long (2-3 weeks is ideal I think) but I can certainly remember enough of a book to review it accurately. The only time I have any problems is if I struggle reading it or if its pretty bland so nothing much 'sticks'. The only time I take notes is when I'm reading the Holmes books - especially the short story collections - so I can pick out single events to discuss with my buddy-reader. Otherwise its pretty much all down to memory. Use it or lose it, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopelessly behind and it will probably stay that way forever. Six/seven years ago were the two worst years of teaching I ever experienced. Terrible admin, and then the consequences of that the following year after that admin was out. I was teaching in a self-contained Behavior Skills Program classroom, which is what my Master's Degree is in and what I loved. But we had admin that did not understand what we needed and things just took a big nosedive. I cried all the time, was stressed all the time, lost over 30 pounds in a month, and all I did was read whenever Eleanor was at her father's house. I just needed to be lost in books to help deal with the trauma. Then I was able to move out of that program and for the last five years I have been so happy in my new teaching position. But I am so behind because I never wanted ot write reviews and just wanted to keep reading reading reading.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!