Monday, June 4, 2018

Pride 2018



I meant to post this on June 1st, but it has been kind of hectic and all I have really had time for were my posts that were already done and ready to post. But, better late than never I think, especially when it comes to a topic that is so dear to my heart.

In case the bold and bright image above did not hit its mark, June is Pride Month. As I am rather proud Ally of the LGBTQIA+ community, I want to give some recommendations and share some knowledge. The purpose of this post is not to debate or lecture; I will gladly do so at any other time, but this post for me is a celebration of many people who I love so much, who for so long, and for so long the generations before them, were (and in many cases still are) treated as second-class citizens or worse. I want to celebrate the men and women in my life who take risks every day to be publicly who they know they are, just as God created them.

Some of the books will be hard to read, because they deal with terrible crimes, but all will be worth it to understand why we must continued to talk about and fight for equality for ALL, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation. Some of the texts I have not read yet, but have been recommended to me by those who know this is important to me.



There are so many books to share but I feel like this is a good start. Have you read any of these titles?

If you have any, I would love your recommendations. Likewise, if you feel like one of these books should not be on a recommendation list, let me know which one and why!

Happy Pride and Happy Reading!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!