Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

35542451

Rating: 1 Star, DNF

Short version: This book is ridiculous, bordering on the downright atrocious. I have seen so many people rave about it, I thought it was going to at least be a decent read. (Spoiler alert: It's not.) You might like it if you are self-absorbed, insufferable, and have never had an actual struggle in your entire life and are probably on the WASP-y side. Now, there is nothing wrong with being WASP-y, but there is if it is also accompanied by the spoiled, self-absorbed, and insufferable parts. I gave up maybe 40 pages in. When someone who I have never heard writes in a way that implies I should know who they are, the book is definitely not for me.

Shorter version: Girl, Check Your Privilege.

Do not read. Highly NOT recommended.

8 comments:

  1. Ouch. Sorry this one didn't turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was TERRIBLE!!! It got such great reviews (so I thought, becase everyone seemed to be so positive about it). I should have read the reviews on Goodreads before I opened it, it was so stupid gross in its privilege and bullshit.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No problem! I heard so many good things about it, but I should have checked the reviews on Goodreads. Literally everything I thought while I was reading this is everything all those reviews stated. Stay away!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of Rachel Hollis so just Googled her and, yeah, this book is unlikely to be one I'll enjoy either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of her either - so you can imagine my annoyance when she was writing in a way that made it seem like I should know who she is. I was optimistic about the book before reading because so many people seemed to like it. But good Lord, such a vapid and impractical piece of garbage this book is!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!