Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Tackling the TBR Week 7: Feb 15-Feb 21, 2019


Each week I will be keeping track of books that I have read from my TBR. I have a huge backlog of books and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon up on Goodreads. Chuckles had the idea first, and we are going to use this as a chance to encourage each other to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks we already have. It will also give us a chance to take a good look at our lists and see if there are ones we are no longer interested in. We will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.

Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,922

Books Added to TBR This Week: 68

Books Removed from TBR This Week: 125

Currently Reading: 11

Books Finished This Week: 8

Books DNF-ed This Week: 4

Duplicates Removed: 0

Rereads:
 2


New TBR Total: 3,838 (Goodreads says 3,849 so I am not sure where the issue is this week. OI!)

This week was absolutely ridiculous for me because I found some great books at the library, but only some were already on my TBR. And THEN once I added those to Goodreads, I got a ton more good suggestions. First world problems, right?

Don't be shocked by the 'Reread' - I am rereading the Sideways School books by Louis Sacher with Eleanor. She absolutely LOVES them.

My 'Currently Reading' number here reflects only the books I am reading myself, plus the chapter books I am reading with Eleanor, and my students. I am not counting research materials in with this total.


Is your TBR under control, or a hot mess like mine?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Now that I have this to help me focus I am trying so hard to cut down that TBR and it is working!

      Delete
  2. Good job again this week! I must admit my eyes water to see the new books you add each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week was HORRIBLE for adding new books!! I blame the library, which helped me find a few new ones, which in turn lead to new ones on Goodreads based on topics. I am staying away from the library this week!

      Delete
  3. From my TBR lists I read The Old Man and Me by Elaine Dundy and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary, both from my 1964 list. I am almost done with King of the Corner by Loren D Estleman, the third in his excellent crime series set in Detroit (I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for over 20 years.) How many did I add? I did not even keep track!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!