Thursday, September 12, 2019

Books From The Backlog #11



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
2338000

Why did I add Life at the Marmont to my TBR?

The pull of Hollywood - and even more so the days of  Hollywoodland - is strong. I love reading about the early days of Old Hollywood and the glamour that went along with it.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I would imagine that Old Hollywood would be a lot more interesting than its current state. I hope you enjoy this one, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole! I love like, 30s-40s Hollywood. I feel like that was such a glamorous but also completely messy, as it is today - but in a different way, if that makes any sense at all.

      Delete
  2. love the sunglasses and palm tree on the cover. that alone catches my attention
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I'd love to stay, just once, but I don't think I will ever be able to afford it!

      Delete
  3. I arbitrarily picked 2006 (I keep my TRB lists by year of publication) and saw Betraying Spinoza by Rebecca Goldstein. It is nonfiction about my favorite philosopher and was a reference for Rachel Kadish as she wrote The Weight of Ink, my most favorite book of 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, to also keep track by year. Gives me more to think about in how I could organize. But too much organizing takes all the fun away, so...

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!