Saturday, September 7, 2019

Tackling the TBR | Week 33: Sept 1 - Sept 7, 2019



I am desperately trying to get my TBR under control. I have a huge backlog of books and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon up on Goodreads. Chuckles had the idea first, and we are going to use this as a chance to encourage each other to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks we already have. It will also give us a chance to take a good look at our lists and see if there are ones we are no longer interested in. We will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.


Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,231

Currently Reading: 7

Books Added to TBR: 4

Books Removed from TBR: 

Books Read: 1

Books DNF-ed: 2

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,232


8 comments:

  1. I'm with you Sarah. I counted all my unread physical and Kindle books at the beginning of the year and I can't believe I've accumulated so many. So far, I've read 37 books that I bought before 2019. Good luck on tackling your tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jovita, and feel free to join up at any time! It was really eye-opening to see the actual numbers. And so many from my Kindle were hiding and not even added to my TBR before January 1st this year. I have also done really well with weeding out books I no longer want to read.

      Delete
  2. I don't even want to know how many unread books I have . . . Too many! I wish you luck tackling your TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SHOCKED when I saw my final counts when I started this on January 1st. Like, genuinely shocked. I knew I had a lot of books, but dang. Feel free to join any time, I am sure I will be doing this through next year as well.

      Delete
  3. I read three books last week. That is normal for me though I like it better when I read four. I consider any book I finish as a blow to the TBR because even if I just decided on a certain day I wanted to read a certain book, it at that moment joined the TRB. Am I being too lenient on myself? No, I read what I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, especially when I snag some good ones from the library when I am there to pick up any holds. I keep saying I will stop getting so many library books now so I can start on my backlog, but I am too free-spirited for so many rules!

      Delete
  4. Oh, a slight creep upwards this week :-/
    I just read Monster, She Wrote which is a nonfiction about women horror and speculative fiction writers since the 1600s. A fun book with loads of reading recommendations - including several I already own unread!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH! That one sounds really interesting...I will check out the review ASAP.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!