Saturday, October 26, 2019

Stacking the Shelves #67


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature co-hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc.

Books Fair Treasures
35543290. sy475 4331969137825382 37570578. sy475 771859744316024. sy475
47511740. sx318 47511761. sx318
I am finding myself drawn to middle grade more and more. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I am working exclusively with sixth grade this year...

What did you add to your stash this week?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Well, that's YOUR Halloween covered.... [grin]

    Only one for me this week. One more in the mail and one still to be dispatched....

    The First Four Minutes by Roger Bannister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too shabby for you. Of course the other two will be here in time for next week's round, so...

      I've finished three of these already, Eleanor wants to read them now! She's not scared of much, but I don't think six is old enough for this yet. Especially The Graveyard Book.

      Delete
  2. Creepiness! Scare Me looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scare Me was way better than Bury Me. They're still Goosebumps-esque but a bit scarier. The Collector is still the author's best book in my opinion though. And they are quick reads.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I loved The Graveyard Book! Three in from the library this week and one from my Nervous Breakdown Book Club subscription.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely loving it too. I mean, it's awful and sad, but I am so intrigued to see how it will go. I have no idea and I love that.

      Delete
  4. I've been working on my TBR list this week, so no book checkouts for me -- I did check out the movie "Amadeus", though. WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! The Girl in the Locked Room looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up really liking it. I don't think Mary Downing Hahn has ever steered me wrong. Wait Til Helen Comes remains one of my all-time favorites. In fact, now that we are talking about it, I am going to go to my library page and request all of her books that I managed to not read!

      Delete
  6. wow...you hit the jackpot. those are some awesome looking books
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished five this weekend and only one was just okay (Bury Me). Scare Me was decent, but City of Ghosts, Forgotten Girl, and The Girl in the Locked Room were awesome.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!