Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Tackling the TBR Week 3: Jan 15 - Jan 21, 2020


My TBR has been out of control for a while now. Then I started tracking weekly my true reading/acquiring habits, and voila! I have been able to keep on top of things a little bit better. I may never get below 1,000 books, but at least I won't be topping out over 5,000!

I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!

Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,159

Currently Reading: 11

Books Added to TBR: 6

Books Removed from TBR: 1

Books Read: 5

Books DNF-ed: 1

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,159

Breaking even is better than nothing! Something is off about my numbers this week and I am not quite sure where the error is. Either way, it will be sorted out by the next post

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I have at least as many books as you do but I don't have the energy to actually count them to see how many I have. There is nothing wrong with breaking even.

    You are reading 11 books at the same time? I think I would get them all mixed up but that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took foreverrrrrrrr to get all the ones on my Kindle onto my TBR. With my physical books it was much easier because of the scan feature on the Goodreads app. Those were easy-peasy.

      I definitely could not read 11 at a time if I was reading fiction! But since I am all non-fiction as of right now, they are all about such wildly different topics that I can't really confuse them.

      Delete
  2. i do have numerous books on my currently reading, but i really only have two. i try to limit them to one at a time because, like carol, i can get confused. i don't know if i'll ever have my tbr complete, but i am plugging away with it...veeeeeery slowly. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can veeeeery slowly cull our TBRs together then!

      I sometimes lose focus and find that having multiple books to choose from at a time that are already started is usually a good way to get me out of slump. I definitely could not read that many at a time if I was reading fiction though. I would be all mixed up.

      Delete
  3. Woah, how are you reading 11 books at once? LOL I can read a few at a time, but that's about it. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only because right now all are non-fiction! I definitely could not read like that if I was reading fiction. But right now all the topics are of such a variety that it would be pretty hard for me to confuse any of them :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am definitely the tortoise this week when it comes to culling my TBR. I would much rather be the hare!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!