I find that every year I put less and less pressure on myself in regards to reading goals, because I love reading and writing and blogging and the minute it becomes a job, it isn't fun anymore. So, I am continuing on that same line of thinking this year and these goals will only be directly related to reading and blogging.
1. Read 275 Books - Last year I read a total of 408, including chapter books that Eleanor and I read together. My own personal total was 278.
2. Reduce My TBR - This is on-going and was successful in 2019 so I am going to continue that progress again this year. Maybe eventually I will be down below 1,000 - though I am not going to hold my breath on that part. I will continue tracking my progress through Tackling the TBR. You can see 2019's progress HERE.
3. MORE PRESIDENTS - This goal has seriously got to get finished, if for nothing else than to sell back the books I bought specifically for it to Half Price Books. Two and a half years ago.
4. Write Reviews - I am not even going to pretend that this will happen in a timely fashion, but I have to get caught up. I seriously slacked in the last half of 2019. Don't believe me? Take a look at my Upcoming Reviews. At the start of this year, there were roughly 190 books waiting to be reviewed. Crazy, right? Right.
5. Meet More Book Bloggers - I really started having success with this, forging more friendships in 2019. My goal is to branch out and build/maintain relationships with more bloggers so we can support one another and introduce wider audiences to books we love so much.
6. DNF MORE! - Seriously. I have a problem where I think I have to finish a book once I start it, because it MIGHT get better, and I MIGHT miss out on something. But come on, if you do not have my attention 50+ pages in, we are dunzo. No more hanging on to a book that might just end up being a dud.
There you have it, pretty simple right? I want to get back to what makes reading and book blogging fun and not set specific numbers for me to reach.
What are your reading goals fr 2020? Leave a comment and let me know, or link to your own post.
Happy Reading and Happy New Year!