Monday, September 21, 2020

Tackling the TBR Week 34 AND 35: Sept 8 - Sept 21, 2020

  

My TBR has been out of control for YEARS. Then in January of 2019 I started tracking weekly my true reading/acquiring habits, and voila! I have been able to keep on top of things a little bit better. I may never get below 1,000 books, but at least I won't be topping out over 5,000! When a book cover is linked, it goes to the review here on my blog.


I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!


If a book is linked in the 'Books Read' section, you can click the cover to go to my review.


+++++++++++++++


Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,123


Currently Reading

51542229 The Lost Pianos of Siberia 49128496 45046797

42283773 51256446 45046716 52756711. sx318 sy47553084465. sx318 sy475 51352065 27161226 2727435754498692. sx318  35414991. sy475 6234101Curse of the Narrows 73989 Unmuted: Stories of Courage and Resilience from the GenPRIDE Community by [GenPRIDE]   


Books Added to TBR
White Rage All American Boys  45493566. sy475 21490991 17428880 Brown Girl Dreaming Unmuted: Stories of Courage and Resilience from the GenPRIDE Community by [GenPRIDE]  




Books Removed from TBR: 0

Books Read

 36978229. sy475 All American Boys 45493566. sy475 21490991 17428880 Brown Girl Dreaming   White Rage  


Books DNF-ed

53961972

Duplicates Removed: 0


New TBR Total: 3,123


Breaking even, I'll take it!


I want to note that I DNF-ed 'Where Madness Lies' only because it is fiction and I have so many requests right now directly from authors/publishers that I have to get to. I hope to go back to the book in the future because it is beautifully written and I am only setting it aside right now due to lack of time.


Any of these catch your eye? Have you already read any? Let me know!


Happy Reading!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. "Lost Pianos": that has to have an incredible story behind it... ladies in anglo-saxon England sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great but slow-going at the moment, only because of the chaos with teaching and planning - I am tending to go for the more fast-paced reads right now to distract my brain for a bit.

      Delete
  2. The books Grown, The Color of Compromise, and Look Both Ways catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GROWN IS SO GOOD YOU HAVE TO READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

      The Color of Compromise was very eye-opening and shocking at times.

      Look Both Ways is a great middle grade read and all the stories are loosely woven together.

      Delete
  3. I love some of the history here- American Rebels and The end of White Christian America especially look interesting. And hey- breaking even is okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken me forever to get through American Rebels and I don't know why, because the subject is interesting to me. I ended up setting aside White Christian America for now. It is totally a book for me, but his writing style is very boring and that is hard, because the topic is not boring at all.

      Delete
  4. i didn't get to my tbr post last week because of hurricane sally, but i hope to have it up this week. getting back into the swing of things after power outages and clean up
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is clean-up going?? I am glad to know you are safe. Is there a lot of damage to your home? Hope all will be well for you very soon!

      Delete
  5. The Lost Pianos of Siberia I bought a few months back, I’m very intrigued about it. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very curious book, and I like it, but I only read it in short fits. I am not sure why, because the writing style is engaging and I love these weird random histories. But I am plugging away, slowly but surely.

      Delete
  6. You always feature the most interesting nonfiction! I just bought a box of nonfiction books. They’ll be in my book haul post on Saturday. Nonfiction November is coming, and one of my goals for next year is to read more “real” stuff. Good luck with your giant TBR!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that 'Nonfiction November' is a thing! I will always have a plethora of recs if you are interested!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!