Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Tackling the TBR Week 36: Sept 22 - Sept 30, 2020

   

My TBR has been out of control for YEARS. Then in January of 2019 I started tracking weekly my true reading/acquiring habits, and voila! I have been able to keep on top of things a little bit better. I may never get below 1,000 books, but at least I won't be topping out over 5,000! When a book cover is linked, it goes to the review here on my blog.


I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!


If a book is linked in the 'Books Read' section, you can click the cover to go to my review.


+++++++++++++++


Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,123


Currently Reading

51542229The Lost Pianos of Siberia4912849645046797

42283773512564464504671652756711. sx318 sy47554498692. sx318   


Books Added to TBR
   





Books Removed from TBR: 14

Books Read

5135206527161226 Curse of the Narrows Unmuted: Stories of Courage and Resilience from the GenPRIDE Community by [GenPRIDE] 53084465. sx318 sy475


Books DNF-ed

27274357



Duplicates Removed: 1


New TBR Total: 3,108


Finally had a moment to breathe and remove some books from my TBR that I am no longer interested in. I have to get progress moving in the right direction and this week I did it!


Any of these catch your eye? Have you already read any? Let me know!


Happy Reading!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps if you keep going like this your TBR will be non-existent in a year or two LOL. Congratulations though, your TBR count is getting smaller, slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! In so many of the last weeks, my TBR either stayed the same or increased. I hope I can keep this downward trend going!

      Delete
  2. i see you made some progress too. i know we will never read them all, but it is fun challenging myself. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, good weeks for both of us! I was talking to my pastor a few months ago and was lamenting how I could never read every book on my TBR, because just think of all the books not even published yet that I will want to read. He just kind of looked at me and said, "What do you think Heaven will look like for you?" DUH! It will be a massive library with every book I could ever want. So maybe we won't finish them all on this side, but definitely on the other!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love it so far! I am a big sucker for any book about a landmark in MYC, or a book about NYC in general. I never knew it was possible to be in love with a place I had never been, but it is and I am!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but Between Two Kingdoms and But Where Are You Really From look especially appealing to me. I try to keep track of my reading and TBR on LibraryThing, but I'm not consistent about it. I admire bloggers like you who keep such good stats! (Also, just discovered your blog from a comment you made on Greg's Book Haven, and I love your blog name!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Laurie!

      My TBR was way out of control so I decided drastic measures needed to be taken - we are talking almost 5K on my TBR at one point! This is my second year keeping track in this way and I feel like once I am down to around 1000, there won't be much use for this anymore.

      I have never used LibraryThing, do you like it better than Goodreads (if you use Goodreads?)

      My blog name came about literally because I shouted that very sentence when trying to set up my blog and everything cute and witty and funny was taken. VOILA! my blog was born.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!