Sunday, February 7, 2021

Tackling the TBR Week 5: Feb 1 - Feb 7, 2021

 

I am now entering year three of Tackling the TBR. Slowly but surely I have made big strides in getting by TBR under control. When I first started in 2019, my TBR was topping out at over 5,000 books. I don't know that I will ever get below 500, but a #BookDragon can dream!


I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!


+++++++++++++++


Announcement: I have added a linky to this post and will do so for future Tackling the TBRs as well. A few people expressed interest in this in one of my 'goals' posts so I thought this would be an easy way for us to all connect. I post weekly, but feel free to do whatever works for you - weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever!


The link will be open the entire week.


+++++++++++++++


Previous Week's TBR Total: 2,984


Currently Reading

45046797




Books Added to TBR




Books Removed from TBR: 29


Books Read


Books DNF-ed:



Duplicates Removed: 0


New TBR Total: 2,953


Any of these catch your eye? Have you already read any? Let me know!


Happy Reading!

Sarah

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. The Demon's Brood looks good! Yay, for lowering your TBR number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desmond Seward is typically a good read for anything on the Plantagenet dynasty, starting with Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II, and their incredibly aggressive and violent sons. His work is a bit dated, but I still enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I was going to say The Psychopath caught my eye until I scrolled a bit more and saw that you DNFd it. Oh well, it isn't like I need to be adding more to my TBR haha. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so disappointed because Prime First Reads hardly ever has non-fiction, so I was super excited to see it! But it's so poorly written, and awkward, and terrible. I have no idea how this author got a book deal - and this is not even her first book. I probably won't be reviewing it, but I did leave a blurb on my Goodreads page about it. I think you would quickly be annoyed by many of the issues I found. And yes, you definitely don't need any more right now either!!

      Delete
  3. You are brave to count your TBR pile, I never dared. However, I've been trying to reduce by TBR pile for years but only do one post every year and add the books I read. I have made sure to fill all the challenge lists I do this year with books from my pile, so I will hopefully have managed to reduce it a little this year.

    Happy reading and happy "tackiling" your TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Slowly but surely I am still making progress. That first year I ended up removing over 1,000 books alone that I was no longer interested in. That has slowed down quite a bit now though, as I am finding fewer and fewer to toss aside. Good luck to reducing your TBR and feel free to join any time - even on the last post of the year :)

      Delete
    2. I know that feeling. I got rid of quite a few when we moved two years ago and now there are fewer to toss. Still, I have a good feeling with the challenges I started and hope that I will stick to my list as well as I did these last two months. Well, with all the restrictions due to Covid, I have more time. We'll see how the year goes. Wish you good luck.

      Delete
    3. That's great! I feel like I can do more challenges when I have this TBR under control, that has been my main focus - and getting reviews done also. I am hopelessly behind there as well. More reading time with Eleanor and for myself was literally the only good thing to come out of this pandemic.

      Delete
  4. Ah, I got the Psychopath too and I’ve just seen your comments above, that’s disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO disappointing! She is brave for wanting to share her story but the book is so terribly written, she might have been better off having someone write it for her. And I guess this is not her first book on the subject, so who knows how poorly written that one is too. I for one will not be checking it out!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!