Saturday, April 30, 2022

Eleanor Reads! April Edition

 

Each month Eleanor and I share the chapter books we read. We've been reading chapter books since before Kindergarten and her attention span as a four year old was definitely something to brag about. Eleanor was born a reader and that makes my heart so, so happy.

I am making a couple changes because Eleanor is becoming a more independent reader at home. She has no problem plowing through books at school, but at home she prefers I read to her while she is drawing, painting, working on a science project, etc. Plus, who doesn't also love being read to at bedtime?

Currently Reading Together

Read Together


Currently Reading Independently*


*Eleanor has begun reading more than one book at a time. I can't imagine where she got that idea from.

Eleanor's Independent Reads

Eleanor's DNFs

Do the kiddos in your life have an interest in any of these?


Happy Reading,
Eleanor and Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I love reading about the Salem Witch Trials! I you both enjoy that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised with how well this one was done. We are waiting for another book about the trials to come, that is an interactive historical story. Eleanor is very interested in the Salem Witch Trials so I am thinking we will have to visit Salem at some point.

      Delete
  2. Archaeology is so fascinating, I know I loved it as a kid too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun book and Eleanor became interested in many of the finds, and renewed her idea of becoming an archaeologist. Plus, she wants to find more books like this one, plus more books about specific discoveries.

      Delete
  3. Always impressed by kiddo's reading.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love seeing her wide variety of interests, and where thhose interests take her when she finds more and more and MORE books!

      Delete
  4. my son is a grown man and lives in michigan while i live in florida. i love that your young lady loves reading so much. enjoy these moments with her. she seems to like many things and that is very good. you seem to be doing everything right for her. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherry. I try to encourage many different genres, so she does not feel like she only has to stick to history, mainly like I do.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!