Sunday, April 17, 2022

Hallelujah! He Is Risen!


Wishing you all a joyous day hopefully spent with family and friends, whether or not you celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Every year starting on Palm Sunday I begin this book


I treasure it for many reasons, the first and foremost being that it breaks down each day in the last week of His life. It does a fantastic job explaining and reconciling the different books of the Gospel, as each account sometimes varies wildly.

Eleanor and I are blessed with fantastic pastors - pastors who patiently answer my endless questions about how this happened or how that happened. Pastors who point me in the direction of historical secular texts that confirm events in the life of Jesus. It will probably not be a surprise that I ask A LOT of questions.

I was a little late starting the book this year unfortunately, due the chaos of these last few weeks of school and my ballooning caseload of students. I felt out-of-sorts not beginning the book on Palm Sunday. When I did finally have a moment to breathe and pick the book up, it was like a warm blanket had been wrapped around me as I was immersed once again in the familiar story of the sacrifice Jesus made for us.

This book is a wonderful source of information and each day looks at the events reported by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The author then provides commentary about the Scripture, as well as maps and diagrams in color. 

Happy Easter!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Sarah! I've never heard of this book, but it is definitely something I would want to read. Thanks for sharing it with us and I hope you had a great Easter!

    Have a good week ahead, it's a short one at least!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fantastic read, I love it so much. I read each corresponding day as it goes with Holy Week and I just feel so at peace and prepared for the sorrow and joy that comes with it. Hope your Easter was wonderful as well.

      He's also written one called The First Days of Jesus that I love to read in December but it doesn't match up quite as neatly as this one, of course. Still, they are both really wonderful reads that I enjoy each year

      https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24346196-the-first-days-of-jesus

      Happy Reading!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!