Thursday, June 9, 2022

First Line Friday #128

It has been a looooooong time since I have posted an FLF and since I have some time tonight I figured I would get back into it! I love how this feature has evolved over the years from when it was initially Carrie, Beth Erin, Rachel, and Sydney - and then BOOM! It took off. I cut back on my weekly posts for a while and now have the time again to queue some up, so here we go.

First Line Friday was hosted for a few years at Hoarding Books. You can visit the site to view past link-ups if you like, but for a while now has been hosted once again by Carrie at Reading is my Superpower. You can visit HERE to go directly to the FLF page of her blog.

Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.

Oakwood, Wisconsin

March 1906

Death had a way of creeping up on a soul, and Ivy Thorpe was determined that when it visited her, she would not be surprised.

Because of Cindy (@Cindy's Book Corner). I found The Souls of Lost Lake and LOVED it. So I naturally did what any normal person does and immediately checked out every single other book by the same author and have been devouring them rapidly. There will be several more First Lines to come from this author in the next several weeks!

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. That is a very good opening. If only it were that simple, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one and I hope you do too! Thanks for that shout out, that made my day :) Here's my post for this week: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/06/first-line-friday-53-elysium-tide.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad I caught your post about Lost Lake. It was fantastic! I am reading Foxglove now and will be reading this one next.

      Delete
  3. My first line this week comes from The Songs That Could Have Been by Amanda Wen:
    Carter Douglas hated running out of makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an intriguing start to a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good one, and looks like a fun spooky read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking this author. There's a lot of depth to her books and she does a wonderful job of creating the spooky atmosphere. I guess technically it would classify as Christian fiction, as it is published by Bethany House, so the paranormal ends up being, well, not. But her books are fantastic and I am really glad I found this author!

      Delete
  6. I love this book! Jaime's books are all so good.

    I posted the first line from Peyton's Promise by Susan G. Mathis. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/06/10/peytons-promise/

    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! I am so glad I discovered this author, and am so excited to read the rest of her books. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. I love Jamie’s books, and that is a great first line!

    This week I posted the first line from Among the Innocent by Mary Alford.
    http://gracetogrowblog.com/among-innocent-mary-alford/

    Hope you’ve had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen!

      I am really loving her books, I will be featuring her for the next couple Fridays. Her books are very easy to devour quickly. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!