Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Tackling the TBR | Week 30: Aug 8 - Aug 14, 2019


I am desperately trying to get my TBR under control. I have a huge backlog of books and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon up on Goodreads. Chuckles had the idea first, and we are going to use this as a chance to encourage each other to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks we already have. It will also give us a chance to take a good look at our lists and see if there are ones we are no longer interested in. We will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.

Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,237

Books Added to TBR: 1

Books Removed from TBR: 0

Books Read: 2

Books DNF-ed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,236

Eleanor started school Monday, and my students came back today. I will get around to everyone's blogs this week, maybe even before the weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, please keep waving that flag for me every time I post one like this, where there is some movement but it is not very big. I need the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  2. Girl, you are writing my story. You are obviously my soul sister. I've even started trying to race through books just to get through them. I'm not slowing down and enjoying them, even if it means I won't make the quota I've made for myself on Goodreads (300 books by the end of the year). I'll just read a bunch of children's books in December to puff my numbers.

    And no. I will never, ever quit buying new books. So there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I feel like we are too, and I am so glad we found one another! Life is too short to not savor our bookish treasures and sometimes slowing down is necessary. I will never stop either, so we can live in the poorhouse together, lol.

      Delete
  3. I meant to say I am NOW slowing down to enjoy them. Really should proof read before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice you said 'not', I read it as 'now'. We are mentally connected I think, haha.

      Delete
  4. This was always going to be a bit of a mad week for you but the good thing is that you didn't add a big pile! We're both doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Plus, now that school has started, Eleanor and I only get to the library once a week. That definitely puts a stop to the random books I grab from the new releases section. I am trying to get all my library books finished up so I can focus on the backlog books I have posted about.

      Delete
  5. I added a few. I read one. I am reading three more. Keeping up, sort of?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!