Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tackling the TBR | Week 31: Aug 15 - Aug 21, 2019


I am desperately trying to get my TBR under control. I have a huge backlog of books and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon up on Goodreads. Chuckles had the idea first, and we are going to use this as a chance to encourage each other to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks we already have. It will also give us a chance to take a good look at our lists and see if there are ones we are no longer interested in. We will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.

Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,236

Books Added to TBR: 1

Books Removed from TBR: 0

Books Read: 2

Books DNF-ed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,237

I experimented with removing two aspects of my data collection for this week - one that I listed here all previous weeks as 'Currently Reading' and one where I actually tally the data in a note on my phone that includes the category of 'books moved from tbr to currently reading'. BUT, I also think the numbers are off anyway because of the craziness of the last couple weeks.

I will be getting everything righted again this weekend, that is fo'sho'.

Plus new reviews, even. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. I know my numbers aren't correct either and that there are forgotten books on my shelves that I forgot to add to TBR when I got them. At the end of this year I'm going to try and get them all added so that I start next year's challenge fully accurate! That's the plan anyway! And as usual there is an issue between Goodreads total and my own, but I'm going with my numbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even with our silly fights with Goodreads about totals, I think we are both doing AMAZING. I honestly had my doubts. But doing this in conjunction with Stacking the Shelves and Books from the Backlog has really opened my eyes.

      Delete
  2. My reading was slight last week because of my husband's illness (he is ok now!) but I am back at it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a terrible blogger buddy, I am so sorry that I did not notice your post from last week, but your absence was certainly felt and I said a few prayers for you and your family. Glad to know your husband is home and doing well, and glad to see you are back around again.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!