Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Books From The Backlog #37



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
3092261

Why did I add The Druids to my TBR?

Because I am really interested in the author's approach, in that he (correctly, in my opinion) supposes that there is simply too little reliable info on the Druids, so he looks at how the Druids have been imagined since the 1500s. Even so, we will probably never stop imagining what they were like.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. i don't see a lot of books about druids, but i do enjoy reading them. hope this is a good one for you
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think it is for the very reason the author states, we just don't KNOW anything, really. Except what people have imagined them to be like.

      Delete
  2. My exposure to druids has been through older historical fantasy reading so a book that covers what little in real evidence and surmised evidence would be neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I also think it will be interesting to see how the 1500s shaped the image of the Druids from then on.

      Delete
  3. I don't know a whole lot about actual druids. I like this author's approach. I hope you enjoy this one, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either, except I know they were long gone before Stonehenge was a thing!

      Delete
  4. I too have read plenty of fiction containing Druids and have a special place in my heart for them. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!