Friday, December 31, 2021

My Year In Books | 2021

 

How is it possible that we are here again already? Perhaps it is the stress and strain of, "Oh good God, can't these people just get vaccinated so we don't have to KEEP DOING THIS FOR ANOTHER GODDAMN YEAR?!?!"

Esther @ BiteIntoBooks is hosting her yearly meme once again. Take a look at your 'Year in Books' on Goodreads and post all your stats from 365 days of reading in 2021!


My Year in Books
92,308
pages read
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
357
books read
This is my journey in books for 2021!

Who Is Kamala Harris? by Kirsten Anderson
Shortest Book
56
pages
Powers and Thrones by Dan Jones
Longest Book
656
pages

                        Average book length in 2021: 258 pages

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Most Popular
1,565,427
people also shelved
Who Wants I Scream? by Andrés Miedoso
Least Popular
0
people also shelved

                                My average rating for 2021: 3.6          

September 11 by Associated Press

Highest rated on Goodreads

4.86 average

Revenge of the Sluts by Natalie  Walton

My first review of the year (on Goodreads, anyway). NOT good, yikes!

One by One by Ruth Ware

My last review of the year, not my fave of her work.

I will have my actual final numbers for my total books read in my Tackling the TBR wrap-up soon. These are the raw numbers from Goodreads that include all the chapter books Eleanor and I have read together.

What do your Goodreads numbers look like?

Happy Reading and Happy New Year!
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. 357 BOOKS?!!? HOW!?!?

    I hope 2022 will be great for you :)

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 100 of them were chapter books with Eleanor, so I don't count that as my final personal number of reads. It was around 220 I think? I can't remember already, and we are only two weeks into the new year! I hope 2022 will be an excellent year for you as well, happy reading!

      Delete
  2. You always read very interesting books. So, it's great to see your goodreads "Year in Books". My link is in my Statistics which I'm sure you have seen. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Your stats are very impressive and detailed. I wish I had your patience!

      Delete
    2. Once you retire, you will have that. LOL

      Delete
    3. I know. I only do a smidgen of what I intended to but I try to do at least those things I enjoy. That's what retirement is for, right?

      Delete
    4. Right! I wish I could get paid to just sit around all day and read. THAT would be the dream.

      Delete
    5. That's more or less what retiring means to me. LOL

      Delete
    6. Lol true, though my generation can't exactly count on our social security benefits at this point, because the money will all be gone by the time we can retire. I will probably be working until I am at least 70 :-/

      Delete
    7. I know, that might be the case for many. It's already bad for our generation since most can't retire the way they imagined.

      Delete
    8. Yep. My mom is a few years from retirement age and may not be able to. It's awful.

      Delete
    9. I know. Wishing her all the best.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a great reading year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic! I did not hit my personal goal of 250 but it was still great. About 100 of the 357 were chapter books with my daughter. Even so, a great year and here is to 2022 being wonderful for both of us!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!