Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Books From The Backlog #26



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
3873

Why did I add A History of God to my TBR?

Because I love Biblical history. I love seeing how these three powerful religions collide and merge and separate from one another, how we are so similar in some respects and are vastly different in others.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous pick!!

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this would appeal! I'm not a religious person but I find it fascinating how the world can be so polarised over it especially with the common origins... Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci! I am looking forward to it, though Armstrong can be dry.

      Delete
  3. I read it yeaaaaars ago, like 2009 or so. Can't remember much about it, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am cautiously optimistic - I read her book about the Bible and it was very dry. Hopefully this one is better.

      Delete
  4. I think this would be fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is new to me but it does sound like a really interesting read. I hope you enjoy it, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this one (and have no plan to) but her short book on Myth was very interesting. I also read the first book in her Biography series which is definitely worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I read her book about the Bible and it was very dry. I will have to look into the Myth one.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!