Friday, December 6, 2019

Merry Bookmas!

December is finally here, and I myself am the one who is a little bit late on posting this.


Eleanor and I were supposed to go home for Thanksgiving, which NEVER gets to happen usually so we were excited, but due to weather predicted (accurately) at home, we were stuck in Nebraska. We made the best of it, sans turkey, and it turned out just fine. We had several friends offer seats at their tables with their families, for which I am so grateful. Eleanor, however, had other ideas and she was dead-set on having lasagna and green beans. So, for Thanksgiving dinner we had...you guessed it...lasagna and green beans.

We lounged around all day in our jammies, watching movies and reading books, had dinner, watched more movies, and read more books. Pretty relaxing, perfect day if I do say so myself.

On to Friday! I despise Black Friday. Absolute abhor it and everything it stands for. Not to mention, I kind of don't really like people, so I will pay full price for something if I want it badly enough, just so I can avoid crazy shoppers. Luckily there is also nothing I need, so it was a win-win.

Looking ahead, Eleanor and I go home for a week or two every Christmas, so we do not get a tree. Santa always finds a special place to leave gifts when Eleanor is at her dad's on Christmas Eve/Day, so she gets to open those and then off we go.

As has happened every year, friends tag me in photos of beautifully decorated Christmas Book Trees. Not trees decorated with books. A TREE made OUT OF books. I have always loved the idea, but have never had the time to make one.

So, guess what Friday was for, BESIDES more jammies/movies/reading time?

TIME FOR MAKING A BOOK TREE!

We had so much fun building this thing, had to restart a couple times, but in the end we both liked the result. We even had more books than we needed, which came as a huge surprise to me. Eleanor made a star to go at the top, and I made her stay in the living room while I wrapped up her gifts to put around it. (Big surprise, several of her gifts are...)


Happy Reading,
Sarah and Eleanor

10 comments:

  1. my word! are they just balanced there? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we worked really hard on our little tree!

      It is solidly filled with books also. Different trees were offered as examples, some people shaped a box to sit inside and the books stacked around it - this was what I mostly found. For ours I put the thicker, heavier books in the middle of the tree and stacked the lighter/thinner ones out and around.

      Delete
  2. What a BRILLIANT tree! [lol] Glad you have a fun day. I have a SUPER long Christmas break coming up so LOTS of reading in store....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous!! We have the same amount of tie every year, but this year it is a shorter amount of time for Eleanor and I to go home, because she has to go to her dad's this year for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I suppose it means I will get a lot of reading and blogging done, but I'd rather be with Eleanor and our family!

      Delete
  3. Your Thanksgiving day sounds just about perfect! Love the book tree. This post just made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made us quite happy to make the tree, thank you!! It was lovely <3

      Delete
  4. Lol! This is wonderful, Sarah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have Thanksgiving but yours sounds like an awesome day to me! And I love the book tree. I saw one of these at a local Christmas tree festival a few years ago and was always tempted but have never tried to make one myself!
    Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - on both cunts! I am really excited now for Christmas at home because my mom promised to make me a full-on Thanksgiving meal that I was so cruelly denied by the weather last month. My mouth is watering just thinking about all the turkey I am going to consume.

      The tree was so fun to make and I am glad that Eleanor and I got to enjoy something fun and silly together, for our non-traditional Thanksgiving weekend.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!