Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Books From The Backlog #34



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
10133950

Why did I add CARTHAGE MVST BE DESTROYED to my TBR?

Are there too many other ancient stories more fascinating than this one, an entire civilization all but obliterated from the face of the earth? I think not.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. very interesting. i look forward to seeing what you thinnk
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good long time since I have read anything of ancient Rome, or their wars. I may try to get to this one this summer.

      Delete
  2. This is one of those "I could see reading it if someone gave it to me, but I'll probably never get around to actually buying it" kind of books. The sort of thing I use gift cards for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't buy many books at all - I don't reread enough to make it worth it. Only very select authors/topics get a permanent home here!

      Delete
  3. Just posted my review of the historical crime novel with Elanor of Aquitaine in it. Have @ It!

    I have a copy of 'CARTHAGE MVST BE DESTROYED' as yet unread. I LOVE the Punic Wars. They're like WW1, WW2 and WW3 in the Ancient World but with swords (and elephants)! Maybe something to read over the summer....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to read it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I am thinking of trying it this summer when I have more time. During the school year I try to read quickly, and anything on ancient Rome seems to take me forever.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read much on Carthage, actually. Yeah this one looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a documentary about this. I bet the book is fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good history doc. I can do without most of the 'reenactments' but some are pretty well done.

      Delete
  6. This does sound interesting. I don't think I really know anything about this civilization. I hope you enjoy this book, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know very little about Carthage as well. It will be an interesting read!

      Delete
  7. It does sound fascinating.
    My next neglected book from the backlog of books on my shelves is going to be The System of the World by Neal Stephenson. It concludes his trilogy about Isaac Newton and others in the late 1600s and early 1700s.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!