Saturday, February 1, 2020

Tackling the TBR Week 4: Jan 22 - Jan 31, 2020


My TBR has been out of control for a while now. Then I started tracking weekly my true reading/acquiring habits, and voila! I have been able to keep on top of things a little bit better. I may never get below 1,000 books, but at least I won't be topping out over 5,000!

I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!


Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,159

Currently Reading: 10

Books Added to TBR: 5

Books Removed from TBR: 11

Books Read: 5

Books DNF-ed: 3

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,146


Happy Reading!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing someone with a TBR as high as mine. I count all the books I own and I often see book bloggers who have TBRs in just a couple hundred and I'm thinking "what about all the Kindle books?". Have you been unhauling any, or just reading them?

    Megan | Ginger Mom & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think any TBR under 500 is adorable, lol. The 'removed' section is for books I have decided I am no longer interested in and are counted separate then from the 'read'. It has been a long slow journey, but I was able to make a huge dent last year. Here is the year-end wrap-up if you are interested: https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2019/12/tackling-tbr-year-in-review-2019.html

      Delete
  2. Am I to understand that you are currently reading 10 books? Wow! How do you keep them all straight? Says the one-book-at-a-time reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a short attention span sometimes, even about topics I love. I think because I mainly read non-fiction, this is easier for me to do. I read about so many different topics, that I am rarely reading two at the same time about one thing. I don't think I could do with fiction at all!

      Delete
  3. Reducing the list by 13 is awesome for a week! Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my year of tackling many of the truly long books on my TBR. So far I have read two and am on the third. This means I will read fewer books this year but I am so far thrilled because I love long books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More power to you! The longest book on my TBR is The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I don't know if I will ever get it done.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!