Sunday, April 5, 2020

Palm Sunday, 2020


It is officially Palm Sunday. and a day I look forward to every year, because of this book:

17914369

I read this book every year during Holy Week. The author lays out each day what is written in each of the books of the Gospel side by side so we see the similarities and differences from each account, then provides commentary and explanation for various events and what they mean. There are also a plethora of diagrams and maps to aid the reader. I say this every year, but I love this book so so SO much.

Palm Sunday and Easter will be so strange this year. I can't imagine not celebrating Easter with those I love so much, celebrating the fact that Jesus died for us and rose again. But this isolation is necessary and I fully support services being cancelled for the good of the public and those who are most vulnerable especially.

Be safe, my friends
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Same to you Sarah. Happy Palm Sunday. And thanks to you recommending it I will be reading that book. In fact this would be the week to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, I am so glad you are reading it!! I read each corresponding day and it is just such an invaluable book. I love it so much and I hope you do to <3

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful to have a tradition of reading a special book at a particular time each year. Enjoy and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and it is especially comforting now. Blessings to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. glad it is a book that keeps on giving. stay safe
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very strange time, especially not being able to gather in the ways we are used to. I read a good reminder that just because we can't worship in the way we want to doesn't mean the meaning of the season is diminished in any way. Reflecting on our own, be it through reading a book or simple quiet time seems more valuable than ever this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this book just because of the content, and not because of this strange new world we are living in. It's wonderfully written and so invaluable. He's also written a book about the birth of Jesus that follows a similar pattern of the events chronologically, and looking at what each book of the Gospel says. And it is so hard, I love our church family so much, but I am constantly being reminded in big and large ways today (and I am sure I will keep getting these nudges throughout the week!) "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" Matthew 18:20. I am always a bit partial to KJV because it sounds so much more lovely, though it is the least accurate and when I am actually studying I use a different version.

      Be safe and have a blessed week.

      Delete
  5. This is the perfect time to read this book! This Easter will most certainly be different than any I have experienced before but we will do what is necessary. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful, I have had this tradition for a couple years now. And it has so many helpful diagrams and things, plus maps and comparisons of Scripture. It will be quite different indeed, but necessary so we can stay safe. be well!

      Delete
  6. My family is going to gather on Easter Sunday from all over the United States by Facebook or Zoom to sing the Hallelujah Chorus together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!