I began this book last week and would love to have discussions based on the prompts provided within the book. The book is set up so that after each day's reading, there are a handful of prompts to respond to. Feel free to respond to as many or as few as you like. I would love for this to be a discussion and a place where we can learn and grow together. Please be honest, because that is the only way anything will change.
Additionally, I have been compiling a list of books under the #BlackLivesMatter Reading List tab. I am usually adding books daily that I find, or are recommended by others. Please leave a comment on that page if you have titles to add. I hope you can find titles on this list that you will learn from as well.
Day Twenty-Two Prompts
White feminism - an epithet used to describe feminist theories that focus on the struggle of white women without addressing distinct forms of oppression faced by ethnic minority women and women lacking other privileges (definition given at 69%)
1. To what extent has your idea of feminism been under the issue of gender only?
2. How has your feminism neglected or minimized the issues of BIPOC?
3. How has your feminism rejected, discounted, or simply ignored BIPOC leaders?
4. How has your feminism been white-centered?
5. If you are someone who has called yourself an intersectional feminist, in what ways have you been centering BIWOC?