I began this book last week and would love to have discussions based on the prompts provided within the book. The book is set up so that after each day's reading, there are a handful of prompts to respond to. Feel free to respond to as many or as few as you like. I would love for this to be a discussion and a place where we can learn and grow together. Please be honest, because that is the only way anything will change.
Additionally, I have been compiling a list of books under the #BlackLivesMatter Reading List tab. I am usually adding books daily that I find, or are recommended by others. Please leave a comment on that page if you have titles to add. I hope you can find titles on this list that you will learn from as well.
Day Four Prompts
White Silence - when people with white privilege stay complicity silent when it comes to issues of race and white privilege (definition given at 21%)
1. How have you stayed silent when it comes to race and racism?
2. What types of situations elicit the most white silence from you?
3. How has your silence been complicit in upholding racist behavior?
4. How do you benefit from white silence?
5. Whom in your life do you harm with your white silence?