Thursday, May 7, 2020

READ FASTER! Fourth Edition


You can find previous editions of me pouting HERE.

This post is not entirely serious, but maybe a little bit.

Obviously libraries have been closed for quite a while now. This means there has been a huge increase in the ebook holds. I am one of those people requesting now, though in the past this has always been a last resort for me.

There are a few books I have put in hold requests for, and I am STILL without them. I am pouting and I realize this is an insanely ridiculous #FirstWorldProblem to be complaining about, but I have not yet complained once since this whole thing started - mostly because I love being at home with my baby girl all day.

Books I Am Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting For

1. The Sun Down Motel The Sun Down Motel
Hold Date: March 30th
Starting Position: 19 on 2 copies
Current Position: 8 on 2 copies

This one is dragging on forever. Quarantine will probably end before I even get it.

2. Eight Perfect Murders Eight Perfect Murders
Hold Date: April 11th
Starting Position: 17 on 3 copies
Current Position: 10 on 3 copies

Uuuuuugggggghhhhhhh. So sloooooooooow.

3. Perfect Little Children Perfect Little Children
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 9 on 2 copies
Current Position: 7 on 2 copies

I actually can't be mad about this one because I just requested it four days ago. I can start to be a little mad because I was at 7 last time I posted about this three days ago. I can start to be a lot mad because I was at seven the LAST time I posted this.

4. The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 24 on 3 copies
Current Position: 16 on 3 copies

I requested this one the same day as #3 because I was told they have a similar feel.

5. Force of Nature Force of Nature
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 4 on 1 copy
Current Position: 3 on 1 copy

Still #3 since the last time I posted.

6. This is How I Lied 52000813
Date Requested: May 2nd
Starting Position:  9 on 1 copy
Current Position: 9 on 1 copy

7. The Broken Girls The Broken Girls
Date requested: May 7th
Starting Position: 6 on 2 copies
Current Position: 6 on 2 copies

Ethan suggested this book while I wait for Sun Down. I took a look on Goodreads and thought it sounded thrilling, but I might be waiting just as long for this one!

Okay, so I realize in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge issue. But I really want these books, never mind the fact that I have a pile from NetGalley and hundreds of unread books on my Kindle and five-shelf bookcase stacked two and three deep.

#ALLTHEBOOKS!

Happy Reading,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. So little movement this week. I finally broke down and ordered some of the books I've been waiting on from my local bookstore. They've opened for curbside service, so I can get some physical books again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for curbside service! I finally have two of the books on this list, and I am LOVING The Broken Girls so far!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!