Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Still Alive!

I have totally lacked reviews and probably will for the rest of the week and into next week as well. This is the last week "with" students and I have heaps of paperwork to finish, then on to cleaning out my office next week, as the Resource team is being moved to a new room. Then the two weeks after Memorial Day I need to complete 42 hours of professional development to fulfill my contract for the year (these hours mainly come from students being let out five days early.) Luckily, a lot of the PD we are being offered deals with working with students online, should we have to start our school year that way in the fall.

I will get to comments this weekend. I see all of you and am grateful you stick around, even when I am only posting my weekly stuff that I had queued up and ready to go prior to the start of May. I may try to sneak some reviews this weekend if I can. Maybe for every set of paperwork per kid I complete, I can type a few lines of a review...

Happy Reading!
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. Do what you must do. We'll be here when you have time for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy! It was so lovely to see all of these messages! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy! I always worry about being away a bit, or when any of you are away a bit, because we all only know each other here and have no other way to check on one another <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry, finally able to get around to seeing everyone's lovely message here. I might even get a review done today!

      Delete
  4. priorities in line! as it should be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to be a responsible adult, but it is hard with so many reviews I want to write! I got a lot of paperwork done yesterday and only have a little left. whew!

      Delete
  5. I always worry when you're 'off-line' for a while but I know how busy your job can be so..... Read & Review when we can. We're not going anywhere - the Government is stopping us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, CK. I always worry as well - especially because we are all so active and sudden silence without warning brings out all the worst kinds of what-ifs.

      Delete
  6. Totally understand needing to devote your time to the students. What grade do you teach?
    My Mom has been having a tough time teaching her first graders virtually. They just don't have the attention span to get through a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach Resource. The previous seven years I was in self-contained classrooms for behaviorally disordered students in a multi-grade setting. The first 4 years were 4-6 grade and the last three were 3-5. This year I worked with 6th grade and loved it. I can't imagine trying to teach first graders this way! When does her school year end? Ours ended yesterday for students, a week early. The district is putting out Professional Development that will be hugely beneficial, and I hate to even think it but I truly think we will not be starting the 2020-2021 school year in our buildings.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a really busy time for you! Take care of what you need to and we will be here when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carole! It was comforting to log in and see these messages. I always worry when one of my blogger buddies is quiet for too long, we have no other way of checking in on each other.

      Delete
  8. Busy time in the academic year. I'm not going anywhere, Sarah. See you on the other side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Flora! So busy, indeed! I missed these interactions - it was quite daunting to finally start responding to comments and visiting blogs last night. I had so many places to go!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!