Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday | The Last Ten Books I Abandoned



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

It used to cause me great pain and anxiety to DNF a book. I felt like once I started it, I had to finish it. But as my TBR has grown exponentially over the years, I have discovered this is something I must do if I ever have any hope of making a dent in the stacks. Here are my last 10 DNFs, starting with the most recent book I tossed aside,

 19058505A lot of formatting errors that made it difficult to read on the Kindle.

44083621. sy475 I quit only for fear of an aneurysm. It is definitely a five star read.

43883755 I love their bromance, but could not get into the book given politics at the time and still now. I'll vote for him because there is no other choice, but the DNC is going to regret this. I don't know if he can win. I do know we can't survive four more years of trumplethinskin.

27778173. sy475  I really tried, but just could not get into it.

2254308. sy475  I use books like this as a palette cleanser when I have been reading a lot of serious stuff. I loved Gossip Girl and am under NYC's thrall. But this was BORING.

43708240. sy475  Didn't pull me in right away, tossed it rather quickly.

50168767. sx318 sy475  I never could quite put my finger on why this one was not working for me. It's very similar to the story of Marshall University and the crash that killed the majority of the team, as well as many coaches, boosters, and the whole flight crew in 1970. I might come back to it and try again later.

42083871. sy475  I honestly don't remember, I DNFed it last December. That usually means it was boring.

34331108. sy475  Another December DNF. Boooooring. Espionage should NOT be boring, yet here we are.

8899918 Another book that should have been exactly written for me. And about our pledge no less. But it was another dull book that could not hold my attention.

Have you read any of these? If so, do you enthusiastically agree, or emphatically disagree? Let me know!

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I DNF Invisible Women for the same reason. Sexism is so infuriating.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank goodness, I am glad I am not the only one. I felt guilty for DNF-ing it, but I just had to.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I used to hate DNF-ing because it felt like giving up. Now I give up whenever necessary. On to the next!

      Delete
  3. I love your blog name! Glad I haven't picked any of these up! I hate wasting my time on a bad book. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! It came about when I was setting up my blog, and everything witty and pun-ish and cute was taken. So I slammed my fist on my desk and literally said out loud (probably shouted, honestly), "All the book blog names are taken!" and thus, my blog was born. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Life is short. Read the books you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to read by that motto, I hated giving up on a book. But now it is necessary. No time to waste on the ones who don't work for me.

      Delete
  5. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but it's good you aren't wasting your time reading them if you aren't interested!
    Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Invisible Women really is fantastic and everyone should read it, I had to give up only because I feared an aneurysm from how angry it was making me.

      Delete
  6. I am sorry that these didn't work out for you. I sometimes read a page or two and decide not to continue at that moment but I don't even keep track of those books. It has been a while since I had a real dnf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't keep track of those either. These I got surprisingly far into, most of them anyway except for the Thief River Falls one. That was dull from the first page.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!